ROASTED STRAWBERRY LEMONADE + A MOVE!

Roasted Strawberry Lemonade // Wit & Vinegar

Hey cool dudez, I’ve got some news.

WE MOVED! Moved as in we packed all of our belongings up, gave a bunch of crap to the thrift store, and took the 17 hour mission that is moving from almost one end of California to the other with a moving truck that’s towing a car. Also included in that time is the parking lot gatorade bottle pee break and like 5 naps I had to take because I was running on no sleep and it was satan hot for half the drive.

Buuut now we’re officially residents of Southern California! Cerritos to be exact, which turns out is a nice in between for Los Angeles and Orange County and a nice place to go get boba at 1 in the morning and get your eyebrows threaded on almost every street for super cheap.

ps I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time last week and son. of. a. bitch. they better last forever.

Roasted Strawberry Lemonade // Wit & Vinegar

Also in the newsroom: we added to the furbebe clan! Her name is Nomi, after showgirl nomi mallone, and she’s an aussie hound mix with huge floppy ears and cankles for days. She’s probably 3 times the size of the picture above now and she’s grown into her eyes and she’s just a fiery tornado of bitchy emotions and I hatelove it.

Now, let’s get to the draank!

When we were packing up the apartment I ran across a pound of strawberries in the fridge that were still magically fine, but not like, let’s eat them plain fine. One of my go-to’s for strawberries that are either a little too past their prime or not quite ripe is the good old roasting. It’s just 15 minutes in the oven so hopefully it doesn’t heat up the place too much, but in that time it softens then nicely and caramelizes the sugars a little to make them taste sort of jammy.

After they’re roasted you can add them to yogurt or ice cream orrrr blend them up with some lemonade, plus maybe add vodka if you’re me. I’m on a Simply Lemonade kick right now since I keep seeing it on sale for a couple bucks. It’s kind of a way better deal than buying overpriced lemons and squeezing them yourself, trust.

Go ahead and clink clink your friday, friends! I’m headed to Disneyland to hopefully not burn to a crisp and eat an overpriced churro.

Roasted Strawberry Lemonade // Wit & Vinegar

51 thoughts on “ROASTED STRAWBERRY LEMONADE + A MOVE!

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks

Congrats on your move and welcome to SoCal. I’m in San Diego and don’t think I’ll ever leave after being here 10 years. So spoiled with this weather :) And between Nomi and that drink (vodka is NOT optional), this post is just yummy! pinned

2. Billie Jo

Satan hot. Please move to DFW into my hood and talk to me like that all day. Just bought a wheelbarrow full of strawberries & they’re heading for Satan’s lobby thanks to you.

3. Nicole

Friend!! SO much news and a tasty boozy drink along with it! Congrats on your big move and the adorable pup. I must make that drink, with vodka, soon. Brilliant.

4. Erika

Vodka is never optional so I’ll take one with 2 shots please.. annnddd threading is a bitch in a half but shit if you don’t look good afterwards..
    Congrats on the move and Nomi.. she needs her nails polished tho.. “You like my nails? Not as nice as yours.”

5. natalie @ wee eats

So glad we both had the same thought (re: SHOT OF VODKA NOT OPTIONAL) haha!

And I die over that puppy. DIE. DEAD. I need it.

And puh-lease with the threading, IT’S TOTALLY WORTH IT! Don’t you think? I do.

6. dana

Yay, you moved! SO glad to hear you guys made it safely, and eyebrow threading is within reach. This drank looks bomb. True story, John made me a grapefruit spritzer yesterday and immediately after I drank it I passed out for 2 hours. Total lightweight. Good luck in CA, friend! Excited to follow your adventures. Please post lots of pictures and keep blogging. The internet won’t survive without you.

7. J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats

Congrats on the movie! Moving is such an accomplishment, this is the first time in 7 years that I’ve lived at the same place for more than one year (dat college life tho) and its so lovely not to move.

Love the idea of roasting not-so-perfect but not-SO-bad strawberries. I always just cut out the bad bits but at the same time don’t love eating the sad partially amputated past their prime strawberries. Will remember this recipe for that purpose!

1. Billy Post author

oh man I cannot wait until I get to find a place down here where I don’t have to move for a while! And that trick with strawberries is perfect because I always have half a container just randomly chilling in the fridge that are not going to be eaten straight up.

8. wishcandy

Awww heeeeyyyy! I live super close to Cerritos. That lovely LA/ OC limbo. Welcome (I haven’t been here that long tbh, 2 years. Still getting used to the west coast).

I adore Strawberry Lemonade. I’ve been on strawberry kick and am growing some. I’ll have to make this ASAP *o* THANK YOU <3

9. Sarah | The Sugar Hit

Australians for the WIN! I feel I have a special bond with your latest fur child already. It’s special. Thank you for selecting one of my countrymen (countrydogs?) for your own. And congratulations on the move!

1. Billy Post author

any kind of australian cattle dog is like my absolute favorite! Mose is a kelpie mix and growing up all I had were heeler mixes and they’re all just the best.

10. Molly @Doughvelopment

Just helped my sister move, so. not. fun.
    Nomi is ahh-dorable! My dog was a cankles for days pup, too…now she’s 90 lbs… Big paws = big dog, so watch out! But big dog = lots more to love!
    This. Lemonade. Want it NOW.

11. Lyndsay // Coco Cake Land

NOMI is so CUTE! totally made me think of “it’s VER-SAYCE!” i’ve never had my eyebrows threaded! my bangs cover my eyebrows so i kind of leave them alone which is terrible! (sister always DIES when she sees them au naturel) … also, your graphics are brilliant. loving the clink clink! xo

12. Pingback: spicy ginger lemonade | punctuated with food

13. Ashley

OMG. I’m terrified of eyebrow threading…ahhh! Congrats on the move!! Hope you’re settling in to the new place and eating donuts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That drink sounds amaze and THAT PUPPY. I’m dead.

14. Pingback: Thirsty Thursdays: Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzers | Just Putzing Around the Kitchen

15. Pingback: I love lists, Friday! – Shutterbean

16. Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe

OMG, roasted strawberries and vodka and puppies! Too many good things in this post! Nomi looks like she has attitude and I love it. You are braver than me with that eyebrow threading business. I’ll stick to my dull 10-year old tweezers, thankyouverymuch.

17. Pingback: Boozy Roasted Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles | The Frosted Vegan

18. Matt Robinson

Well welcome to our neck of the woods! We are about 20 minutes south of you now. Prepared to be spoiled by amazing weather all year long. And this drink, so perfect for summer!