BAKED PEANUT BUTTER OREO DOUGHNUTS

Baked Peanut Butter Oreo Doughnuts // Wit & Vinegar

Dear Lindsay,

I made you some doughnuts because in the parent trap you and british Lindsay showed me how to combine peanut butter and oreos and I am super thankful for that.

ps. sorry I didn’t watch your Oprah show

pps. life sized 2?

xoxo,

Billy

Baked Peanut Butter Oreo Doughnuts // Wit & Vinegar

I also made all of you guys some of these doughnuts because 1) I’m feeling outrageous and 2) IT’S NATIONAL DOUGHNUT DAY!!

confetti pop emoji. donut emoji. confetti pop emoji.

Since the oreo peanut butter combo is a favorite of mine I decided to just throw it all together in one doughnut explosion: Peanut butter oreo doughnut + peanut butter glaze + more crushed oreos because that’s kind of the most important part.

Why don’t more doughnuts have crushed oreos on top?

Alsooo, since it is the big day a lot of fabulous bloggers put together some doughnut goodness  for your faces:

I Am A Food Blog – Waffle Iron Donuts

My Name Is Yeh – Biscuit Donuts with Naturally Colored Glaze

Hummingbird High – Sour Cream Donuts with Kool Aid (!!) and Nutella glazes

The Faux Martha – Mix and Match Doughnuts

Studio DIY Marshmallow Donuts

Edible Perspective – Gluten Free Samoa Doughnuts + doughnut week + 35% off her book!!

Coco Cake Land – Mmm Milk Tea Donuts

A Cozy Kitchen – Rhubarb Poppy Seed Baked Doughnuts

The Candid Appetite – Baked Salted Caramel Chocolate Doughnuts

Baked Peanut Butter Oreo Doughnuts

Makes about 8 doughnuts

For the doughnuts (recipe from The Candid Appetite):

1 c all-purpose flour

¾ t baking powder

¼ t baking soda

½ t salt

⅓ c brown sugar

3 T unsalted butter, softened

¼ c smooth peanut butter

1 large egg

1 t vanilla extract

½ c buttermilk

5 oreos, crushed up

For the glaze:

2 T smooth peanut butter

2 T whole milk

1/4 c + 2 T powdered sugar, sifted

pinch of salt

about 5 oreos, crushed up, for topping

Preheat the oven to 350.

To make the doughnuts, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.

Cream together the sugar, butter, and peanut butter.

Beat in the vanilla and the egg.

Stir in half the buttermilk, then half the flour mixture, the rest of the buttermilk, and then the rest of the flour mixture. Fold in the crushed oreos. It might not seem like a lot but I originally put in about twice as much crushed oreos and couldn’t taste them any more so let’s hold back a little.

Grease the doughnut pan and fill each section 3/4 full and bake for 8-12 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick that comes out clean.

Once baked, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes and carefully remove from the pan onto a cooling rack. These need to cool completely before we glaze them or else the glaze just runs off. Once cooled, make the glaze by mixing together all the ingredients, then dip the tops of the doughnuts into the glaze and sprinkle some of the oreo pieces on top.

34 thoughts on “BAKED PEANUT BUTTER OREO DOUGHNUTS

1. Emily @ Life on Food

These are outrageous and I love every bit of them. I am trying to think if I have experienced Oreos and peanut butter before. I cannot remember so obviously I haven’t. I need to get on that ASAP.

2. molly yeh

YESYESYEYSYSYSYESYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lovelovelovelove.

happy donut day, billy!!!!

i’m eating a popsicle already though bc i’m a slut like that

3. Lindsay

LindsAy. Not LindsEy. Seesh, get it together man.

PS – thanks for making me doughnuts. Though not sure what you’re talking about Oprah for…

4. Nicole

Oh my! These look crazy good, Billy! And when The Faux Martha shared these on FB, an advert for peanut butter Oreos popped up, so those must be a thing now. I’d much rather have a bunch of these donuts!!!

5. Erika

There are no words to describe the greatness of adding peanut butter to oreos.. especially in a drunken stupor.. I can get down with these donuts..

6. Pingback: Waffled Donut Recipe – i am a food blog

7. stephanie

that grid with all the oreos and peanut butter. ugh! TOO MUCH GOODNESS!!

also, i second molly’s comment on popsicles. i’ve so moved on. ;) i need to get in on your popsicle week!!

8. J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats

I’ve always disliked the Oreo filling (I know I am odd) so I used to always scrape it off and give it to my sister then fill my oreos with peanut butter. Sooo this the way I always eat oreos in doughnut form. Yes.

9. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: The Weekend | Tangerine Canteen

11. Em @ the pig & quill

Jiggawhat. I just pounded a full pound of PB pretzel nugs simply because it was the closest thing in my house to these donuts. And by the closest thing I mean not close at all. A total disappointment. And now I am so sad. To summarize: these are amazing. Tears. The end.

12. Amanda

My god, these sound amazing. I used to watch Parent Trap on the regular when I was a kid. I never ate a plain Oreo since. Now I’m going to have to make these all the time.

13. Pingback: Food Love - A Cookie Named Desire

14. ATasteOfMadness

LOL. The Parent Trap was the instigator to my first time eating peanut butter and oreos as well!! These look fantastic. And thank you for the reminder that I haven’t made doughnuts in forever. I really need to get on that..

15. Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking

I shamefully watched the first two episodes of LiLo’s OWN show. I had to stop watching because, well, it wasn’t that good and I kind of had a reality TV intervention with myself. I just felt I reached a new low. Anyway, what would be better than peanut butter and Oreo’s? PB and Oreo DOUGHNUTS! Lovely! I agree with your emoji fanfare.

16. natalie @ wee eats

I too spent many wasted years enjoying peanut butter and oreos separately until LiLo showed me how it’s REALLY done. I bet that led to a lot of her downfall. Chasing that first pb+oreo high and had to eventually move up to harder drugs. Luckily, I think these donuts are the farthest up I’ll have to move for my next high.

F**k these look so good I want to lick the screen.

17. Pingback: thursday things - life after whole30, new kitchen gadgets, and a 4th of july recipe round-up | wee eats

18. Pingback: Freakin’ Weekend / 06 | Scout Sixteen